Security Briefs

By Katie Zeck

Rebound mishap

An accident on the basketball courts in the Student Recreation Center (SRC) left one male player down and out on Wednesday, Feb. 8.
At 12:01 p.m., Public Safety was called to the SRC by a gym staff member for a medical emergency.
Upon arrival, the officer noticed that a student was holding an ice pack under his right eye. The victim reported that while playing basketball, another student elbowed the victim in the face. The officer examined the student’s face and noticed a small laceration under his right eye.
Public Safety offered to call an ambulance as transportation to the hospital for further treatment but the student said that a friend would take him.

All choked up

Public Safety responded to a call from the Bart Luedeke Center (BLC) on Thursday, Feb. 9, when a student reportedly started choking in front of the Information Desk.
When officers arrived at the BLC at 12:45 p.m., the student was conscious and no longer choking. Several staff members on scene at the incident stated that the victim was eating onion rings when he began to violently choke.

One female staff member attempted to dislodge the food by administering back blows. The student was able to stop choking by spitting up the food.

Mad science

A science experiment gone wrong caused one student to experience harsh eye irritation.
On Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 4:19 p.m., Public Safety reported to the Science Building and met with a student who got chemicals in his eyes while conducting an experiment. The male resident victim reported that a hazardous gas escaped from a cylinder and got in his eyes.
He immediately flushed his eyes out with water. The  victim told Public Safety officers that his eyes were burning and his nose was running. Public Safety notified an ambulance who took the student to a nearby hospital for further treatment.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button