Security Briefs

You shall not pass

Three female resident students chose to blame it on the rain when they were charged with disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.

Public Safety officers witnessed two of the females lifting the Memorial parking lot gate arm to let in a third female driving a vehicle on Monday, March 22, at 10:50 p.m. When Public Safety officers asked why they were admitting the vehicle, the driver told them it was because it was raining and she didn’t want to park in Z lot.

The officers told the students that they could have damaged the gate arm and issued the driver a campus motor vehicle violation.

This soup is on fire

When cooking soup in a microwave went awry, someone discharged a fire extinguisher in the second floor lounge kitchen in Ziegler Hall.

Public Safety reported to Ziegler on Saturday, March 27, at 3:29 a.m. because of a fire alarm activation on the second floor. Someone was trying to heat up some soup and set the alarms off. It does not appear that criminal mischief was involved in the discharge of the fire extinguisher; it was an “attempt to address the soup.”

Lights out

Someone pulled a fluorescent light off of the wall in a stairwell landing area, leaving Switlik Hall in the dark.

Public Safety officers received the report on Saturday, March 27, at 10:54 a.m. They were escorted to the area by a contract employee and noticed wires hanging from the electrical box where the light had been. Facilities was notified and covered the exposed wires.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should contact Public Safety at x. 5029.

Show More

Related Articles

Check Also
Close
Back to top button