An attempt to fix a faulty light toggle recently turned dangerous.
Public Safety responded to a medical emergency at Phi Sigma Sigma on Feb. 5 at 7:40 p.m. when a female resident reported that she had sustained an injury. The student said she was attempting to turn on an under-the-cabinet light at her bedside with a pull-down toggle when the toggle became stuck. Upon trying to dislodge the toggle, she was reportedly shocked. She complained of tingling in her right arm and was provided initial medical attention by Public Safety. The student sought further treatment at a nearby hospital.
The recent snow and ice storms have been causing more trouble than just snow days.
Public Safety observed falling tree limbs caused by the ice storm, striking and damaging two cars in the Kroner Lot on Feb. 5 at 6:45 a.m. Both vehicles belonged to female students. One car sustained a broken rear window, a partially caved-in roof and multiple dents to the rear end of the vehicle. The other car sustained damage to the trunk door, as well as chipped paint.
It seems as though someone at Moore Library thought a door handle would make a better door stopper.
While on patrol on Feb. 8 at 4:38 p.m., Public Safety was dispatched to Moore Library after a male staff member reported that the door handle to the 24-hour lounge had been removed. Public Safety met at the library with the staff member, who had already replaced the door handle. The removed handle seemed to be used to prop open a door, which was noted would require a fair amount of strength. If anyone has information on this incident, contact Public Safety at x5029.