While on routine patrol in Poyda Hall, Public Safety found burning candles in an empty room on Friday, Nov. 9, at 6:50 p.m. The door was wide open and the candles were in plain sight.
While waiting for the Office of Residence Life to respond, one of the residents returned and told the officers that the candles belonged to his roommate and he did not know how they were lit. Both residents were charged with a fire safety violation. The matter has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.